Friday 18 February 2011

more spuds....

Planted five Lady Christl spuds in a big fish box. Because of the rotation I have a smaller area of ground for potatoes this year so will be growing more in containers. With a planting every week I’ll get a nice succession of earlies....if they don’t get frosted. With that in mind I covered each of the containers with a layer of bubble wrap. Hopefully that will help conserve heat and moisture and give some protection to the shoots when they appear.
It was quite cold today and not really suitable for pottering about outside so I tidied up in the shed and greenhouse and also sowed some nasturtium seeds in small pots for planting out after the frosts. I'm going to grow more flowers this year, especially those that can be used for companion planting or to attract bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment